Monday, January 21, 2008

Chop Suey and Baked Egg Rolls

Last week, I made Sandie's Chop Suey and Baked Egg Rolls . The chop suey turned out well, but I put a little too much tamari in it. Next time, I'll go easy on it. The egg rolls tasted awful. The filling was delicious, but the wrappers were awful baked. I could not find egg-free wrappers as Sandie suggests on her web page, so got regular ones. I think I'll try to find an egg-free wrapper recipe online next time. I loved the filling, so with a good wrapper, the egg rolls would be delicious!

Here are step-by-step pics of my son making the egg rolls...


Lay down the wrapper and add about 2 Tbsp. filling


Bring up the bottom corner of the wrapper to cover the filling


Fold sides in like you do when making a burrito



Roll up from the bottom



Place on a cookie sheet, lined with unbleached parchment paper and cook.



Serve with Chop Suey and enjoy!

No comments: