Friday, June 30, 2006

Day 5....Grocery Day!

I love grocery day. I love getting the piles and piles of fresh fruits and veggies. Here's my fruity booty for today (I still have one more store to go to and am going to get a few more fruits like pears and strawberries.).


I had to literally keep holding my kids back because they would try to sneak in to grab some grapes. LOL! They attacked them after I took the picture.

I did OK today. Since I had to run errands, I didn't eat as I should have because I was running around and didn't plan ahead. Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: A bite of a banana

Lunch: An apple and a few bites of my son's soft pretzel (unsalted, but it was made with white flour, of course...blech)

Dinner: Vegetable soup with about 1/2 c. of rice added

Snack after I got my toddler to bed: Another bowl of vegetable soup with 1/2 c. of rice and 1 c. beans. Then, my older kids came down and were eating some DiGiorno pizza and I used to always eat their crusts. I didn't do that at dinnertime, but because I ate so little today, I was in binge mode and ate 2 small crusts. Oh well. I was craving Cheez It's earlier today, but I didn't give in (I would have had to go buy some!) because I kept thinking about how I didn't want to have to tell everyone that I caved and ate a box of Cheez It's! So, this blog is a great thing to keep the cravings at bay!

I'm down another pound and a half today, so I've lost a total of 5 lbs. and have 10 lbs. to go. I really need to get exercising because I hate being flabby. Before having my 20 mo. old, I exercised 6 days per week. Now, I'm lucky if I get in 1.

I work out at home and it's really tough with a toddler running around and wanting my attention. I do have a jogging stroller, but I have yet to start jogging. I have taken him on fast walks, but not consistently. I wake up in the morning and think about exercising, but then the kids are hungry and then I need to get their schoolwork started, so my chance of exercising slips away.

I'm the type who does better in the morning because if I don't get it done right away, I'm busy all day with other things and don't take the time to work out. I've been thinking about joining a gym, but I'm afraid of putting the money into it and then not going.

I have so many great workout videos from Beachbody and I really want to use them. I have Power 90, Slim in 6, Slim Series, Pour Half Hour and P90X. I've always been a gym rat and never liked working out at home because I couldn't find any videos that I liked. The ones from Beachbody are GREAT and they really give me good results.

We have a treadmill as well that my husband uses a lot, but I don't. My plan was to do my video and then run for 20 mins. (this is what I used to do at the gym....a weight class and then run on the treadmill). Right now, my goal is just to get in 1/2 hour of one of my videos. Maybe I'll shoot for starting my plan on Monday and set a goal of getting a workout in at least 3 days per week.

No comments: