Monday, July 03, 2006

Day 8

I worked out today! I had said that I was going to start working out on Monday and Paul (hubby) was on the treadmill when I said to him that I was going to work out on Monday. It suddenly hit me that it was Monday! For a second, I considered not doing it. I had to get the kids' school stuff written up so that they could get started, I had to get them something to eat, I had to shower so that I could get on with my day, my toddler was awake and
fussy.....excuses, excuses, but I finally decided that I had to just DO it!

I was able to finish the entire video tape! I was interrupted a few times and I told the kids what they could eat for breakfast, so they could make it themselves. It felt so good to get it done. It made me want to eat well for the rest of the day (that doesn't mean I didn't have any cravings...I made homemade bread and hamburger buns for the family and had to try really hard not to eat any).



Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Nothing...it was late when I started working out, so I just had water.

Lunch: Smoothie consisting of--
1 orange
3 packed cups of organic baby spinach
1 c. wild blueberries
1/2 c. organic raspberries

It was very good, but didn't look very pretty.



I got hungry about an hour later, so made myself a salad with romaine and organic spring mix, shredded beets, shredded organic carrots, tomatoes and a few dried cranberries. I topped it with fat free Italian dressing. It was SO yummy! Next time, I'll omit the tomatoes because they didn't taste right in this sweet salad. It would have been perfect topped with some raw pecans or walnuts, but I'm not eating nuts right now. I had a little help eating it, too...heehee!



So, who do those chubby little fingers belong to?



Dinner: Lentil Taco Salad with avocado and tomatoes using this recipe:

Lentil Tacos (Dick Allgire)
1 cup diced onion
1/2 CUP diced celery
1 clove garlic
1 cup lentils 1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
2 cups veggie broth 2 tbsp raisins
1 cup salsa (see below)*
8 corn tortillas
lettuce, tomato garnish

Saute onions, garlic and celery in water (or broth or white wine) for five minutes, adding liquid as needed so it doesn't burn. Stir in the lentils, chili, cumin, oregano. Add a dash more liquid. Stir fry 1 minute. Add broth and raisins, cover, cook 20 minutes. Remove lid, add salsa, and cook 10 minutes. Heat tortillas and serve with lentils and garnish.

*For salsa:
2 cups tomato, chopped
1/2 cup freshcilantro
1/4 cup lime juice
1 red onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp hot sauce
salt to taste

I used prepared salsa because I spent enough time in the kitchen today as it is.
The kids had lentil tacos on sprouted corn tortillas, except my toddler who had lentils and rice mixed with avocadoes. Of course, he only ate about 2 bites and played with the rest.

Delicious!



Evening snack: 1 1/2 c. grapes and 1 c. of oil-popped popcorn

I had 1178 calories today according to Fitwatch....not bad. Since I'm still nursing, I should have a few more, though. I'm shooting for at least 1200, but preferably around 1400.

My weight stayed the same today, but that's fine with me. I'm happy with my progress so far. I have to get my 20 mo. old to sleep now and go to the store for more lettuce and pineapple. We just went shopping on Friday and there's hardly any lettuce left!

No comments: