Sunday, November 18, 2007

A new day

So far, I'm doing ok. It is Saturday morning and the weekend is the most difficult time for me. Paul came home with peanut M&M's and a gigantic Snicker's bar yesterday! I did not have any and didn't even feel tempted by them. I'm going to focus on getting my sugar addiction under control. It's amazing to me that after a short time of 4-5 days with no sugar, I could care less about sugar. I've always been a sugar addict, but have gotten off of sugar a few times. Once I let myself have a small amount of sugar, it's very easy to become a full-blown addict again. So, I'm going to try and not have any refined sugar at all before the holidays hit and I'm bombarded with opportunities to eat lots of sugar-laden goodies.


Last night, the family had salad with grilled chicken breast on it. I had some leftover Sloppy Lennies on top of a big, green salad. I used a recipe from Dr. McDougall for my sloppy lennies with a few variations.


I started out adding the following to my stockpot:


3 c. dried lentils
2 packed cups of grated carrots
2 chopped green peppers
1 chopped yellow pepper




Then add:

6 c. water
1 can stewed tomatoes and 1 can of diced tomatoes blended in the Vitamix (the recipe calls for 2 cans of tomato sauce, but I didn't have any)
3 T. tamari (or soy sauce)
1 T. dried parsley (or 3 T. fresh)
1 bay leaf
2 t. minced garlic
1 T. dried basil

Bring to a boil and simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.

Here they are on a whole wheat bun with spring mix on top (or you could use any kind of lettuce) and fresh pineapple on the side. They were very good!



I took my kids out to take some pictures to use for Christmas cards, so I'll share a few...

Here is Riley, my 15 yr. old


Reeve is 12



Braedy is 10


Jack is 3

Last, but not least, Oscar is 7 mos.






No comments: