Monday, November 05, 2007

I'm baaaa-aaaack! New Day 1!

I am back and my baby is 7 mos. old! I can't believe I haven't posted on this blog since I was 8 wks. pregnant.

I have 50, yes, FIFTY pounds to lose! As of August, I had 30 lbs. to lose and I have since gained 20 more...while breastfeeding......tandem breastfeeding. SIGH... So much for breastfeeding to help you lose weight.

I am ready to go, though. I got on the scale this morning and here is what I saw:

Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


UGH. I almost weigh as much as my husband. My XL clothing is snug and I won't even think about buying any jeans because I have no idea what size I wear right now. I can't find my old size 14 jeans from my last post-pregnancy time period, but I'm pretty sure this body wouldn't be able to squeeze into them.

That's ok, though, because as of today, it's going to be coming off. I'm not saying I won't ever have a slip up again because we all have those days, but I will not gain 20 lbs. during my slip ups this time! (Edited to add: I'm a total airhead! Of COURSE I'm going to weigh a lot more when I'm weighing myself with my camera! I have a huge, heavy, Canon camera with a big, heavy lens attached. It probably weighs 5 lbs., which is how much I was up by. I couldn't figure out how I had gained that much in just a couple of days. LOL!)

I'm going to try my hardest, with 2 little ones, including a demanding baby, to have healthy meals which include salads and lots of vegetables and fruits.

Here are my before pics. I can't wait until I can post my after pics! They were taken right after I worked out, so they're not exactly pretty.





Posted by Picasa


Yes, you read right, I actually worked out for the first time since my 2nd trimester of pregnancy! I did just join a health club, but the little ones have colds and I'm not too sure I want to expose them to all of the germs that are in a childcare setting. For now, I'm doing the Turbo Jam videos and one of my kids gets paid to play with the baby until I finish. Today was a short, introductory work out, which shows the moves and teaches you how to do each one. Then, there was a short, 15 minute, fat burning workout.

Oh....my....GOSH! I thought I was gonna die (said in my Roseanne Rosannadana voice..lol!)! I can't believe how out of shape I am. I used to do an hour weight training class in the mornings and after the kids were in bed (when I only had 3), I'd go running for a 1/2 hour. Now, I can barely do 15 minutes of low impact exercise. Oh well, I'll get there.

It was easy to get up early with the time change. I love it when I get up early and am productive. I need to get my shower in now and then make my smoothie. I'll post that after my shower.

Okay, I've had my smoothie and am getting hungry for lunch, but the baby isn't letting me chop my lettuce. This is what happens every time. Not to mention the fact that the kids decided that they wanted to help paint the dining room. I'm doing one wall at a time, so as not to overwhelm myself. My 3 yr. old insisted on helping, too, so I had to sit there and make sure he didn't drip all over the place.

Here are some pics of my smoothie. First is a pic with an orange and a banana at the bottom and a bunch of spinach at the top. This pic shows the large amount of spinach that I put in it:

Posted by Picasa


Here it is with all of the spinach added:

Posted by Picasa


Here it is just before blending with blueberries and strawberries added. I can't get the top all of the way on until I blend for a little while.


Posted by Picasa



Here is what it looks like after it's all blended:

Posted by Picasa


Here's a little video of Oscar enjoying his smoothie:







Here are a couple of pics of Oscar enjoying his smoothie:

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa


I think that's enough for now. I may post my lunch and dinner if I have the time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting started again, Jodi! You are going to do great!

Courtney
(from the E2L group)

Stephanie said...

Isn't it great to be healthy and start taking care of ourselves! I've loved E2L the 8 weeks I've been on it - I have lots of baby fat to lose (I have 8 kiddos exclusively breastfed and have never gotten back to pre-pregnancy weight). Keep up the good work!

Stephanie
(E2L yahoogroup)

Anonymous said...

First of all Jodi - great legs!! He he:) Secondly thanks for posting the step by step pics of your smoothie. I've often wondered how many greens people put in. Keep up the great work!

Jodi said...

Thanks everyone. Stephanie, are you on the Wool Soaker group? How old are your kids? I'm jealous...I'd love lots of kids, but dh says we're done. Together we have 7, but his 2 live in another state.

Picasso, lol, thanks for the compliment. Don't you love my jammie shorts? They're pretty much the only shorts I have that fit me, which is why I was wearing them to work out. I refuse to buy anymore bigger sizes!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... smoothie looks good! That is so cute of the little one enjoying the smoothie!